Amanda Colley Van Cooll dubbed as “The Probinsyanang Tisay,” is 25 years old, a Construction Worker from Mindoro. She is one of the castaways in Survivor Philippines: Palau who may the receive P3,000,000 (around US$65,000), the largest ever cash prize in the history of Philippine reality game shows, and the title Pinoy Sole Survivor.
“Survivor ako dahil bilang isang construction worker sa mundo ng mga lalaki, kinakaya at ginagawa ko ang trabaho, enjoy ko pa!”
Amanda Coolley Van Cooll works as a general labor construction worker in Alaska.
Name a work in construction and she’s done it all – from driving trucks to mixing cement.
“I love building things and working with my hands,” Amanda said when asked why she chose a career considered for men.
Amanda said that she got bored working in a bank, doing the same things everyday.
“In construction, there’s really no specific job description. The work is very physical and there’s always something different and new in every project,” Amanda said.
Amanda grew up a probinsyana and is accustomed to island life. She is confident that her experiences prepared her enough for the game.
For the challenges of Survivor Philippines Palau, Amanda did a lot of research and a lot of eating, too.
“I really had to gain some weight, because alam ko na papayat ako,” she added.
Does Amanda have what it takes to become the first Pinay Sole Survivor?
Who will be the Sole Survivor of Survivor Philippines: Palau?
- JUSTINE FERRER (20%, 276 Votes)
- MIKA BATCHELOR (15%, 209 Votes)
- MARVIN KIEFER (14%, 193 Votes)
- AMANDA COLLEY VAN COOLL (12%, 156 Votes)
- SHAUN RODRIGUEZ (9%, 118 Votes)
- JEF GAITAN (8%, 104 Votes)
- SUZUKI SADATSUGU (7%, 97 Votes)
- ECHO CACERES (5%, 61 Votes)
- CRIS BOLADO (4%, 48 Votes)
- CHARLES DE VERA FERNANDEZ (3%, 36 Votes)
- LOUIE ANG (1%, 20 Votes)
- TARA MACIAS (1%, 14 Votes)
- VLAD NESAS (1%, 13 Votes)
- TROY PEREZ (0%, 6 Votes)
- CAROL GEMENTIZA (0%, 2 Votes)
- MAYA SEGOVIA (0%, 1 Votes)
Total Voters: 1,354